AT-HOME HIV & STI TESTING
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Within three days of ordering your test kit, you’ll get a discreet package in the mail with your specimen collection kit and a set of instructions.
WHO SHOULD GET TESTED FOR AN STI?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you’re at risk of getting an STI.
• Do you have sex without a condom?
• Do you have sex with multiple partners?
• Are you a sexual assault survivor?
• Do you have sex while drunk or high?
• Do you use injection drugs?
• Do you have anonymous sex?
• Do you have sex with a partner who has multiple partners?
WHO SHOULD GET TESTED FOR HIV?
The CDC recommends that everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 get tested for HIV at least once as part of routine health care, and more often if you do things that might increase your risk for getting HIV.
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, an HIV test is recommended as soon as possible:
• Are you a man who has had sex with another man?
• Have you had sex—anal or vaginal—with a partner who has HIV?
• Have you had more than one sex partner since your last HIV test?
• Have you injected drugs and shared needles, syringes, or other drug injection equipment (for example, cookers) with others?
• Have you exchanged sex for drugs or money?
• Have you been diagnosed with or treated for another sexually transmitted disease?
• Have you been diagnosed with or treated for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB)?
• Have you had sex with someone who could answer yes to any of the above questions or someone whose sexual history you don’t know?